|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on October 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM||comments (0)|
I recently heard the poet Gaye McGhee say, “They took prayer out of school. Didn’t they know it was a tool? It got me thinking. Why did they take prayer out of school? I considered researching it in order to give you a factual answer, but then I said forget it. I’m just going to throw out some possible reasons and gain my own perspective. Was it because our children are no longer united under one God? Or was it because of a study? You know, “studies show….” That type of study.
While thinking about the elimination of prayer in schools I began to think about something else that has faded away. Why is spanking frowned upon in schools? Is it because of abuse? Did administrators take it too far? Or was it because of a study?
I would never want to attempt to tell anyone how to raise their children because I don’t have any. But I will say this…discipline your children at home and they won’t need to be spanked at school. This is where you have your Oprah “aha” moment.
Parents that believe in spanking their children laugh at parents that just put their kids in “timeout.” Well get ready to laugh harder. I don’t know if it’s because of a study but “timeout” parents are no longer using the timeout method. I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for me to inform you about the latest craze in parenting. Wait for it……
Are you still waiting? Well here it is…nothing. That’s the answer, nothing. Well they don’t call it nothing. I call it nothing. They call it…redirecting.
How do you redirect? Let me explain it to you. Little Justin wants some juice. You don’t think Justin should have any juice because he’s about to go to bed. Little Justin begins to throw a fit. You ask Justin if he would like to help mommy put some clothes in a basket. Little Justin says yes and forgets about the juice.
I get it. It sounds good. And I honestly think it will work. Actually I know it will work…when it’s just mommy and Justin. But what happens when Justin is at school and he wants something and the teacher doesn’t have time to play the redirect game with Justin, because there are 10 other Justins in class that all want something too? Just imagine that. Now imagine redirected Justin in preschool. Imagine redirected Justin in Highschool. Imagine redirected Justin as an adult. You really don’t have to imagine too hard. We all know redirected Justin. Redirected Justin is your employee that doesn’t understand why you have to write him up. He’s only been late 10 times. Redirected Justin is the guy that’s lying on your couch because his girlfriend kicked him out. Redirected Justin is the guy who doesn’t understand why he has to pay child support. The moral of the story is we all need discipline. Now, I do not believe that all kids need to be spanked. For some kids all you have to do it raise your voice or take a toy away and they get it. But then there are some kids that will laugh at you when you raise your voice. Do you get it? (Aha moment) Now if you are wondering if your child needs to be disciplined let me share with you some ways to tell.
1. The teacher at your child’s school gives you a bad report at least once a week
2. You have to get a babysitter in order to go to Walmart
3. No one in your family ever volunteers to babysit for you.
4. You let your child’s hand go while walking and they immediately run away.
5. You have a family member or friend that has said, “Let me keep him for one day and he will be a different child.”
Over the years we have changed our approach in raising and teaching children, but we have also implemented a lot of government funded programs that help children that have lost their way.
I realize that there are many studies out there that speak against spanking your child. Remember this; there isn’t a BA, MS, or PHD that can overrule biblical teaching. A wise woman once said anything that you need to know about life is in the bible. That goes for sex, marriage, and children. The bible says,” He who withholds his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him diligently.”(Proverbs 13:24)
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on July 24, 2015 at 5:25 PM||comments (0)|
Considering the recent brutalities, periscope is the last thing they need.
You really are going to be in a bubble now!
3. People who are unfaithful in their relationship
4. People at work
If Facebook and Instagram haven’t gotten you fired, periscope will definitely do it!
6. Drug dealers
Periscope is the new surveillance camera
8. Turn up queens
9. Silly people
10. Church folks shouting
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on July 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM||comments (0)|
This list is not in order of sexiness, but each artist entrance into the hip hop industry.
1. LL Cool J
2. Special Ed
3. Q Tip
5. Snoop Doggy Dogg
6. Sticky Fingaz
10. Mr. Cheeks
11. Kane and Abel
14. Mos Def
16. Memphis Bleek
Now ladies I know there are some fellas that I did not mention, that probably should have been mentioned. Keep in mind I decided on only 20. Now if it’s hard for me to narrow down 20 sexy men in Hip Hop, than hopefully Hip Hop enthusiast realize how ridiculous you sound when you can easily rattle off the 5 greatest rappers of all time. You are insulting the intelligence of Hip Hop when you do that. Why? There are way too many artists that have come through the game for you to narrow it down to 5. I could understand 5 a decade but 5 overall…in the entire existence…that’s just mean. Is it fair to compare Rakim's era of Hip Hop to Drake's? Even People Magazine realizes when celebrating the most beautiful people that the list has to be redone every year.
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on March 20, 2015 at 11:10 PM||comments (0)|
1. This woman spent 17 years in jail behind a man. She comes out of jail and her major focus is to get back the company that she helped build before she went to jail and maybe just maybe get her man back. Now, this is my problem with that. That man should be the last thing on your mind. In reference to the company, I understand the concept of wanting to get what you feel is rightfully yours, but this should not be your major focus. Why? You have three kids that you haven’t really seen or talked to in 17 years. And the moment one of them calls you a bitch to your face you should now realize that you have bigger fish to fry. You have 99 problems and rebuilding your relationship with your kids should be number one!
2. Now this is a woman that hasn’t been around her kids in 17 years and as soon as she comes back around she participates in a war putting them against each other. She shouldn’t be #teamjamal. She should be #teammykids. Just sayin.
3. What is her issue with booboo kitty? Cookie went to jail. She came out and her man had somebody new. Okay… What did she expect? Maybe she expected him to remain faithful. Then she should be upset with Luscious. He is the one with whom she has a covenant with. He is the one who moved on. Now BooBoo Kitty did not make it easy for Cookie in the midst of her return, but was she supposed to? I mean Luscious is now her man and they are running that company.
4. Cookie tried to make Luscious appear like a monster and he is one. But, I think Cookie may be in denial about her own monstrous behavior. Cookie, like Luscious, wanted to get rid of Camilla. Cookie knew Luscious and Anika were planning a life together and she practically sabotaged it and then proceeded to just walk away. Cookie treats her assistant like crap, and I don’t care how you try and reason it. Cookie had a man killed (anonymous red rose) and was ready to kill Luscious!
5. Cookie spends the entire season coddling Jamal because he is homosexual, when all the while Andre has mental issues and has practically been having a breakdown the whole season. Now she didn’t know Andre was bipolar, but she didn’t see that he was struggling with “something?” She is his mother. Then when she does find out her major concern is Luscious should be here to support him. True, but what about you? Cookie spent all of one scene being concerned about Andre and the whole season being concerned about Jamal. Jamal aint got no problems!
This blog is all in fun. I support Empire, the cast, director, and writers. This is intended to be a "lighthearted" analysis of the Cookie Lyons character. I support ALL urban programming. I look forward to season 2.
(Cookie giving me the side eye lol)
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on February 10, 2015 at 9:50 PM||comments (1)|
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on January 11, 2015 at 12:10 AM||comments (0)|
Whether it’s a like, follow, or a share, how you communicate on social media can convey a lot to the ones that friend you and follow you. You don’t have to post a naked picture to get noticed. You don’t even have to say anything. Your actions or non actions are speaking loud and clear.
Ever wonder why people do the things they do on social media?
Let me break it down for you. Now, I’m no social media expert, but I do know people. They are the same online and off.
1. Someone you personally know does not follow back or accept your friend request.
a. They are trying to keep their social media circle small, and they feel that they don’t know you well enough to allow you in.
b. They use social media to brand themselves, and don’t think that you are important enough to network with on social media.
c. They have an issue with you and refuse to play “fake friends” on social media.
d. Someone they are really close to has a personal issue with you, and they don’t want to appear disloyal.
e. The two of you had a previous relationship, and they think it would be better not to re open that line of communication.
2. When someone unfollows or unfriends you.
a. You post too frequently about things they don’t care about and they are tired of seeing it.
b. You posted something that offended them.
c. They found out that you are in a committed relationship and therefore no longer feel that it is necessary to know you, and don’t want to see updates about your relationship.
d. You haven’t shown them the offline attention that they would like.
e. You never like, comment, or share anything they post.
f. You saw them in person and didn’t speak.
3. When someone request your friendship or follows you, but never likes, comments, or shares anything you post.
a. They don’t know you personally, and they think it would be weird to do any of the three.
b. They feel you get enough attention, and they don’t want to add to it.
c. They don’t want to do anything that would remind you that they actually requested your friendship or began to follow you in fear of appearing “thirsty or thotty.”
d. They are in a committed relationship, and they don’t want their man/woman to see them engaging with you on social media.
e. They never see your post.
f. They followed you so that you would follow them. Once you did, they unfollowed you. It’s a numbers/ego game.
4. When you see an Instagram or Twitter account that has followers, but follows no one.
a. They are a celebrity that hasn’t bought into the whole social media thing, but their people told them that they needed to get an account.
b. They are celebrity minded. They have bought into the whole social media thing, but just don’t want people to know it.
c. They created the account, but then forget about it.
d. They created the account, forgot the password or lost their phone, and had to create another one.
e. They are using it to brand a product and therefore don’t think it’s necessary to follow anyone.
5. When a person is not on social media.
a. They don’t exist in anyone’s mind.
b. They don’t get invited to anything. Their most famous phrase is, “how come no one told me?”
c. They don’t know about anything going on in their area.
d. They are considered weird or antisocial.
6. When one of your friends or followers disappears from social media.
a. They deleted their account, because they were being harassed online.
b. Their man/women invaded their account, so their reaction was to delete it so there would be nothing to invade.
c. They felt social media was too much of a negative distraction in their real life.
d. Their friends/follower's updates or post collectively made them feel a certain way, which led them to delete their account.
7. Someone pursues you even though it is posted on Facebook that you are in a relationship.
a. They don’t care.
b. They didn’t see the relationship post.
c. They don’t believe the post.
d. They are under the impression that “these hoes ain’t loyal” and wanted to test the theory.
8. They have it posted on Facebook that they are in a relationship, but have no pictures to prove it.
a. They lied. They just don’t want anyone to pursue them online.
b. They know social media can ruin relationships, so they want to keep theirs somewhat private.
c. They have no plans to entertain people with their relationship.
d. They lied. They are trying to get back at an ex.
9. They don’t respond to comments on status updates, pictures, or tweets.
a. They don’t know you, so they didn’t feel like responding.
b. They don’t want to start a back and forth conversation.
c. They are a celebrity and too busy to respond to over a 100 comments.
d. They are celebrity minded and too busy to respond to over 5 comments.
e. They haven’t logged on in a while.
10. They saw you in person knowing they have liked, commented, or shared with you on social media, and they still didn’t speak.
a. They were with another person, and they didn't want to say anything in front of that person.
b. You are with another person, and they didn't want to say anything in front of that person.
c. They weren't sure if you recognized them or not.
d. They didn't know what to say.
e. You didn't speak.
As you continue to check your IG, FB, and Twitter remember that perception is reality. You may post things or do things with the thought in mind that people that really know you, know the real you. Understand that what people see online and how you make them feel is real. You can say that you don’t care, but that would be a lie. How do I know? You read this blog.
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on December 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM||comments (0)|
Even musical geniuses get bored with themselves and their fans. When that happens they have to test the waters. They challenge themselves to verify if they are the musical geniuses that we say they are. Can they change it up and we still “get them?” Usually when this happens you find yourself saying, “Only (blank) could pull that off.” That’s because no one else would even try for fear of their career crumbling right before their very own eyes. A musical genius has no fear. That’s why they are who they are. Never question them. They know our musical taste better than us. Don’t believe me? Well, explain this.
The proof is in the pudding.
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on December 27, 2014 at 4:00 AM||comments (0)|
I love a good quality female rapper! Over the years some of my favorite rappers have been MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Lil Kim, Charlie Baltimore, Foxy Brown, and Da Brat. Lately, there hadn’t been room for more than one on the main stage at a time. Then along came another one, and now all anyone can do is argue over which one is the best. Who cares? I am personally rooting for both of them. Since I am aware that not all people are as politically correct as I am, please oblige me for a moment and allow me to stir the pot.
There is one female that continuously spits that “Dylan fiyah” every time she opens her mouth. Who am I speaking of. None other than the queen…BEY.
I am playing with y'all about giving Bey the title. What’s funny is that if she wanted it, she could have it. Now, that hurts.
Doubt me? Check out the video. The proof is in the pudding.
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on December 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM||comments (0)|
"Ain't no such thing as too thick what you want to be a toothpick?"-J Cole
In the 90's, skinny reign supreme but slowly and now surely the natural curve of a woman appears to be genuinely celebrated.
Now don't get me wrong it was always appreciated by some. Some of entertainment's most celebrated women like Marilyn Monroe, Kim Kardashian, and Beyonce' have been curvy.
And Academy Award Winning Curvy Woman Mo'Nique has always encouraged women and men to embrace the curve.
It appears that her words were not in vain. And we are now officially in the year of the curvy woman.
Too bad the love for the curve wasn't there when girls were starving their selves and throwing their food up in order to lose the curve. But I guess better late than never.
Well, all my curvy women please stand up! This is our time and it may not last forever so appreciate it while it's still here. You know men are fickle. SMH:|
Plus Size Model: Lornalitz Baez
|Posted by Nicole Jocleen on December 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM||comments (0)|
The clip from Love and Hip Hop Hollywood and the cast included are not meant to be an example of the subject of my blog. It is only meant to act as a visual.
4:1King James Version (KJV)-And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Is it me or is everyone a side chick these days? I mean does the main chick even exist? Or do guys like to keep all their women at an even playing field?
My question for the guys would be how do you determine that a woman is main chick material or side chick material? Like...what are the guidelines? Seriously!
And as a woman how do you determine your position? Hip Hop has made the main chick role sound glamorous, but if you are not the only one then you still lose.
As the main chick, how do you get rid of the side chicks? Well, you can't as long as there are women willing to be the side chick.
But here is the real issue.
Most side chicks don't know that they are side chicks. (drops mic)
There is a sure way to discover whether or not you are the main chick or the side chick. Ladies, I'm bout to give you the game. Are you ready?
"YESSS NICOLE WE ARE READY!" Shouts the ladies reading this blog.
If you are having sex with a man on a regular basis and he is not lying in your bed every night you are the SIDE CHICK! Why is that? Because men don't like to be alone.
Check out my Greenscreen Blog, "Not good for the man to be alone."